iPod Touch In 30 Minutes uses plain English explanations, step-by-step instructions, and lots of photos and screenshots to help new owners learn the ins and outs of their iPods. Even if you’re an experienced user, there are lots of tips and tricks, as well as the list of Must-Have Apps, found in Chapter 4.
Here is the table of contents:
Chapter 1: OUT OF THE BOX
- iPod Accessories
- iPod Hardware
- Using The Touch Screen
- The Accelerometer
- Setting Up A New iPod touch
- Syncing With iTunes
- iTunes Required!
- Finding Music On Your Hard Drive
- The First Sync Session
- What You Need To Sync
Chapter 2: USING YOUR IPOD TOUCH
- The Lock Screen
- The Home screen
- Launching An App
- Switching Home screens
- Demonstration: Switching Between Home screens
- Demonstration: Using The Search Screen
- Typing And Text Tricks
- The iPod touch Keyboard
- Moving The Cursor
- Copying And Pasting Text
- Critical iPod Settings
- Selecting Apps To Sync To iCloud
- Find My iPod
Chapter 3: MANAGING APPS
- Pre-installed Apple Apps
- Downloading Apps
- How To Create An Apple ID
- Moving, Deleting, And Rearranging Apps
- How To Delete An App
- How To Reorder Or Move An App
- How To Group Apps
Chapter 4: MUST-HAVE APPS … FOR GROWN-UPS
- Thirteen Third-Party Apps
- Five Awesome Apple Apps
- Four Must-Play Games For Grown-Ups
THE ROGUE FAQ
- What’s the Game Center? How Does It Work?
- How do I wipe an iPod touch of data?
- How do I set parental controls on my iPod touch?
- I Need To Restore My iPod Touch From a Backup. How Do I Do It?
- How can I sync my iPod touch to more than one computer?
- Paid iCloud accounts: Are they worth it?